





So last night didn't end after I wrote the blog about the day before me. Instead, David out of no where is like, "Yo bro were going rock climbing!". I'm thinkin', "hmm yeah not so much", considering it was dark outside. Then David enlightens me to the reality that we're climbing at Casey's house, but not on a wall, but rather on his FIREPLACE. I'm like WHAT!?! Yep so we did, or at least they did, because between my allergies and fatigue, I did not manage more than four feet up the fireplace. Check out the pics though of David making his way up.
I woke today with a shower immediately being reminded by David that that was a waste considering we were venturing to the gym shortly. The only problem was that my head felt like a helium balloon that wouldn't quit expanding. My sinuses have been tearing me into pieces ever since my arrival in the evergreen state. While the "evergreen" is absolutely beautiful, my head, nose, and throat seem to hate getting used to it. However, me being me, as crazy as I usually am, I shrugged off the fact that I should be in bed by popping a "Allertec"(a ripoff of Claritin).
Our journey today began with me meeting David's longtime mentor and friend, Vern. Vern is probably one of the most down to earth guys I've met in my life. David dropped me off with Vern and I proceeded to help him around his farm. Not exactly the best medicine for getting rid of allergies BUT it was a great chance to appreciate hard work and the outdoors. After a long day of working on the farm, I met up with David again. David was stoked about getting to the carnival but I KNEW I needed a shower otherwise my allergies would drag me down. So we made a quick trip to Shawn's house, who is a buddy of David's. Shawn is absolutely off the wall stoked about life and God, providing me with not only a shower but food as well. A great host and a hilarious person to be around, Shawn and his sister accompanied us to the carnival. Aside a few funny jokes and a ride on the "Zipper", the carnival was pretty lame. Yet David, as usual, makes the experience in Washington a nonstop adventure, taking me to DQ by the water in Port Angeles where we climbed to the top of a viewing tower to see one of the most amazing sunsets I've seen in a LONG time.
Now I'm back at the house, ready to pass out. Yet I can't help but think of what might be coming next. Tomorrow will definitely be a fun time seeing as we're going rock climbing. Saturday is an all day festival day in Sequim. And pictures will make it as I get them.
No comments:
Post a Comment