Wednesday, May 13, 2009

So It Has Begun

I knew it was only a matter of time before it happened. I knew that certain people would rather hide in the shadows than embrace the light. For it is written and shown constantly throughout the bible that there are those who would rather worship immoral things, love immoral people, and ultimately reject the greatest gift the world could ever have. My duty as a Christian who loves God with all my heart is to pray for these people, love them despite their hard hearts, and not let their rejection bring me down a path that is unholy. Yet it is with tears that I write this because I love so many of my friends whom are turning away from not just Him but me as well. For they cannot bear to have a man who was once defiled now reformed and constantly seeking to become better, more righteous, and loving so that my soul may be redeemed.

I was lost, beyond lost, just like the many of them. I worshipped many things in life that do not matter that seem more important than anything else, money, cars, women. I think the biggest misconception with my friends is that they think I'm going to blast them out of the water. What they don't know is that the guy who they knew that loved cigars, cars, and other things, did not just wake up and decide to change. In fact, the journey to get here was over many years, there was a time where I almost took my own life, blasphemed others because other their faith, and rejected love from many because of my hate. I also didn't throw away the things I'm passionate about either. In fact, I still admire a gorgeous car that drives by, I still smoke a good cigar, and I still have my earthly desires.

What has changed is that I love Jesus Christ, my Lord, my Savior, and my Light more than all things on earth. It is because of this love for Him that I preach to anyone who will listen. It is because of His mercy that I am still on this earth. It is because of His love for the world that I try to help my fellow brothers and sisters to find him. For He is the shepherd of the world and with our eyes on Him we can never be lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment