Sunday, May 24, 2009

Dreaming In A Hammock

One of my most cherished memories in life is, falling asleep in a hammock, listening to the sound of the waves, and feeling the gentle warm breeze kiss my cheeks. I remember it as if it happened yesterday because I dreamt about my life, past, present, future. In my dreams, I remembered the many times I spent with Ashley, how amazing they were, how I never saw a life without her, and how I would come to lose her. I dreamt about the present time in Hawaii, when I had met David, how he saved my life on the North Shore, how amazing the journey had been despite feeling like I had no reason to live, and I dreamt about how I was struggling so hard to move on from her. Then I saw the future, times of complete despair, an emptiness filled with love again, and a day when I would see myself older, smiling, and knowing I had all the reasons in the world to be alive. Here I am, turning 25, two years after losing Ashley, almost losing my life, and having recently lost but regained my freedom. Most important of all, I am more free than I ever could have dreamed because I fell in love again, this time with God. Now I understand those dreams on the North Shore, Hawaii like I never could before. God was cradling me that day using a hammock, kissing me using the wind, and showing me that I would fall in love again one day using my dreams. I am blessed to be so loved by the One, who saves me everyday, from the emptiness, darkness, despair. He saves me with love that is everlasting and eternal.

No comments:

Post a Comment