Sunday, May 31, 2009

Waiting

So at church today, I heard an amazing sermon about Christians needing to do their part in the world for God. Pretty soon I'm going to be saying goodbye to the many friends that I've been making here in Washington as they all head to various parts of the world on mission trips. At first, the thought of watching them leave was sad, but, now I realize it's just motivation for me to leave also. I'm not sure where God will send me but I'm waiting. While I wait, I'm going to be attending school, working to save money, and growing in my knowledge of God. Hopefully, God willing, my first mission trip will be sometime in late winter. I'm not sure where He would want to send me but I know of places I'd love to go. Costa Rica being a dream of mine since I was a kid. Now, I have a better reason than ever to go, to share the Word of God with the people there. I'm getting more and more comfortable than ever relying on God to guide me. I have seen so many times before jail, while in jail, and everyday since how God has not ever let me fall. My life is not perfect at all but in His light I can embrace the true meaning of perfection: having His love and grace. I'm beginning to truly see how miniscule everything else is compared to Him. I could not begin to imagine life without Him and I know that I am headed in the right direction. Only time will tell where He takes me from here, but, for now, I'm content with just loving the friends, family, and my faith in God.

No comments:

Post a Comment