Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Ambient Love

Usually on a Tuesday, I'd be found working hard to earn a wage, but, today was a day spent listening to God. Everyday I've been diligent in devoting time talking to God. Answers to prayers or questions usually soon follow(not always as I expect or want but HE is perfect) but today, I didn't ask for anything yet I recieved a lot. I took my little friend Leah(dog) for a walk on the waterfront sometime mid afternoon. While walking, I simply began to listen to the ambience around me. The sound of Leah's little paws dancing on the pavement, the sound of the gentle waves caressing the coast, and the birds playing famalair love songs. All of this ambienece was apart of the intro into a deep conversation with God. Yet, instead of me talking, I simply listened, heard, and felt His love just telling me more things I need to know that are to come. I've been waiting, for a while, patiently, faithfully, knowing that when the time comes, He would let me know. My thoughts drifted into a peace and He simply began to let me know. I was blessed with the benefit of knowing that I was to continue what I doing, that I was doing well, that my life would be to directly serve Him, and that in time, I would know exactly how. For now, I'm on a path to working, saving money, and going to school which is what He wants. I'm to continue using my mind like a sponge to absorb all that is around me, learning, listening, and living for Him. Furthermore, the love that I have for Leah would someday be a reflection of the love that I will have for many people who are to come. The love that I have for His creations are to expand in time as I am set to see much more than I could ever dream. The love that I have for Him is going to continue to build and one day He will use it to help many multitudes of people to come to know and love Christ. As I listened, I remained silent, deep in admiration for Him, and knowing that I'm excited to see things to come. For now, I'm His, learning all that is neccessary to walk His way and one day teach others to do so as well. The feeling of being overwhelmed is gradually being crushed by the weight of His love for me and the excitment of the transformation of my life. God is amazing and always will be, simple as that.


Matthew 16:23-25
Then Jesus said to his disciples, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross, and follow me."

No comments:

Post a Comment