I am waiting for the very essence of your presence,
a bliss so ambient that I fall to my knees,
calming the raging seas within without a word,
forging my soul with your everlasting love,
together nothing can stand in the path,
anything that does will cease to exist,
for it is the very weight of your love that saves,
turning those who hate towards your loving Way,
helping those who are deaf to hear your Truth,
giving to those who are dead the gift of eternal Life,
for I remember the darkness that pursued me,
which is now blinded by the essence of your very presence.
It's been two years since I've written any poetry at all. As of right this moment, I felt compelled to do so again, to remind myself that even though I have a heavy heart, it should not be burdened by that which cannot save, but, in love with He who can.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment