Drifting into a sleep next to me is the greatest blessing God has given me on this earth. Karilyn, is beautiful inside, filled with a love for God, a love for life, and a desire to walk with Christ forever and always. When she smiles, it radiates Gods love throughout an entire room. Soft spoken and gentle, she might not always say a lot but her words are spoken with a tender love that can only further be a testimony of her love for God. On my first day here in Port Angeles, WA, I would never know just how much I would come to know and love the girl I met that morning. A lot of people are curious as to how it all began and so this is our story.
Upon my arrival in Port Angeles, I must have met at least fifty to sixty people within the first week here. My very first day, I met a group of really awesome people collaborating a photo album type deal for a friend of theirs. Karilyn, was among the people I met. I would later meet her and actually get a chance to talk to her at a climbing session at the Elwha rock wall. I was captivated by something about her but I could never quite figure out what(later realized it was her love for God). Our friendship started strong by sharing testimonies of our calling to God and how we came to love Him so much. Soon after we'd find ourselves running into each other a lot, always sharing the amazing things God was doing. A lot of people assumed because we hung out a bit that we were seeing each other but truth was, we just loved talking about God together.
Then it took one week, a week of rebelling against God, a week of struggling to gain footing after falling, and a week in which I cried my way back to God to realize that I needed to make God first in my life. It also was revealed to me that if God ever blessed me with love for a girl, it'd be one that I could walk together with in our love for Christ. I was told by Him simply that I was His forever and He was mine. I knew that only God would have the power over whether I ever fell in love again. I wasn't to worry about any of this as I made my love for Christ more concrete.
Within time though, it would be made clear that God had placed a love that was very deep for Karilyn in my heart. I struggled to grasp how this was possible since Karilyn and I had never even once mentioned anything about us yet I knew after praying about it, that my trust in God would guide me. One day shortly after, I would make it known to Karilyn that God had given me a love deeper than anything I ever felt, a love that I could not explain. After a long walk filled with conversation about God and prayer spent talking to Him, we knew we were just to continue on as we were.
Together, we spent time just doing bible study in the most random places, whether it be in the forest or on a beach always just immersing each other in our love for God. After a trip to the furthest corner of the US, her love for me was revealed and we knew that God had blessed us both with each other. However, we also realize that our relationship is not for our own good but instead to be always used to glorify Him in everything we do. Basically in essence, continue what we've been doing from the first time we met, just building each other to Christ. God didn't bless us with each other to turn our eyes away from Him. Instead we are to use our love to glorify Him and help others find the love that Jesus Christ promises us. All in all, it's an amazing blessing which would not be possible without God. I can only continue to thank my first love, God, forever and always. For it is said and it is truth, without Him I am nothing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment