Thursday, June 11, 2009

His Love

We all live for a moment in time. A moment in which we stop what it is we are doing, drop to our knees, and give back to God what is truly His and always will be, our lives. For many, this moment is monumental, a realization that without Him, we'd never have made it this far. We know, that we slip, we slide, losing grip because we try so hard to do it on our own, yet we fail, time after time. We find Him, even though He has always been there, gently caressing our rocky paths, guiding us through even the fiercest of storms, all because He loves us more than anything in the world.

My moment of realization just how amazing the love that stems from Him came today. Deep in conversation with my boss Joe, we spent time reflecting on a lot of the times that God shed His light on our wayward souls, giving us the strength, calm, and love to carry on. The most amazing part of the conversation was our discussion about how God, when He completely washes us in love, gives us the most blissful feeling in the world. I couldn't help but imagine, what an eternity of that feeling must feel like. In thinking about this, I got excited, just knowing that I needed to go out and share with as many as I can that God loves them. All I could think about looking at the cars passing by was, "if only they knew just how much God loves them". Even I don't know just how much He loves us, but, I do know that there's only one God that would have the grace, mercy, and love to sacrifice His only son for all that we have ever done in sin. All I know is, I love Him, and I want to continue to grow, always seeking to further my relationship with Him, and one day, walk with Him in eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment