Tuesday, July 21, 2009

My Calling

I look in the mirror, staring intently, into the same eyes I gazed into a year ago. Looking into my eyes, I cannot find what I found at that time. Though my eyes never changed, the object of their focus is no longer what it was. Truth is, I never knew what I was looking for. I was always looking, for something, and never knew what that something was. Now my eyes focus on the unseen to gain what is eternal. Now my focus is to help others find what is said cannot be found. It is my calling, simple as that, and it is my love for God, His love for me, that will lead me wherever I go, whatever I do, simply walking in faith, to help others find the faith.

Things are a lot different, everyone that has known me, knows that I'm not the same. I cannot go more than a few sentences without the mention of God. It bothers a lot of people yet I carry on, even stronger than I was before. For it is written in Galatians 1:10,

"Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ."(NLT)

Truth is, if I was just doing what I wanted to do as my old self, I'd be sitting at a poker room about 15 minutes from here, trying to take someones wallet. However, instead, I write, about my commitment to God, because so many are struggling with "what happened to the old Danny?". Some think I joined some cult, others believe I lost my marbles in jail, some question this as another "phase", and there are those who support me. No matter what the case, it's simple, in jail, I saw some things that I cannot explain. I experienced certain things that are beyond my comprehension of "normal". The result ended up with me on my knees letting God know, "I forever will be your humble faithful servant." Humility is something that I am constantly working on. As is, a lot of things, but with God, it becomes easier and easier each day. I am flawed, very flawed, but it is this walk with Christ that makes my flaws(sin) fade and gives light to something so much greater than myself, God. I spent my life, searching, never finding and falling on my face more than once. Now, I've found an unfailing love that gives me ground to walk on with a purpose.

Now that I've found this amazing grace that God has for all of us, I've also come to realize my calling, to help others in their search for this ground. Of course, it is not because of me anyone will find this ground but rather only God can change the hearts of men. Everyone that loves Christ and knows Him, knows that they are called, for it is written, in Luke 9:23

"Then he said to the crowd, If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross daily, and follow me."

For some of my friends who are wondering if I've turned into "another one of those religious guys", the answer is absolutely not. Religion killed Christ, the very savior of the world. Religion is of men, by men, and for men who seek to put ridiculous laws before there faith and love. On a last note before I ramble on forever, this is not to say that Christ abolished the laws, in fact, He commanded them, and said in Mark 12:29,

"Jesus replied, 'The most important commandment is this: ‘Listen, O Israel! The Lord our God is the one and only Lord. And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength.’ The second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself. No other commandment is greater than these.”

In a nutshell, if you just read all of that, then you'd understand my calling. I am no one special, in fact, I am just a man who was saved in jail, nearly died after being beaten by the waves of life, but found that there truly is a light at the end of the tunnel and saved. Now, it's just a matter of telling others that there is a light, it's beautiful, and He does love us. So it is through the reading of the Gospel, the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, that you will hear more about Jesus Christ, the savior of the world. If after reading it, you find yourself still wondering, asking questions, playing with doubts, I encourage you to pray and ask Him for help. If you feel the need to message me, call me, email me, don't hesitate, the number and email are all in my info on my Facebook. This is why I'm alive, this is why He kept me here, to be used to share the Good News with you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment