"Well tomorrow, I'm going to do this, buy this, and spend time with so and so"
The greatest mistake one can ever make is assume there is a tomorrow. The most unforgiving truth this world has ever known is that there is only one thing guaranteed, death. What makes death so unforgiving is the unpredictability of it. However, thanks to scientists and statistic enthusiasts pretending to know ways to avoid death and stay alive, we seem to live for self-indulgence to fulfill the pursuit of happiness. Truth is, my death can happen at this very second while I'm writing this journal entry and nothing I attained while on this earth will matter except my faith in Christ. But for some, they unfortunately like to measure their odds of living as if life is a cup filled to the top and it doesn't run out till it runs out. Thus, encouraging their worship of self revival instead of living for the One who created them.
Prior to accepting Christ and knowing that I have a living God who loves me, I lived for Danny. Even now, I still struggle everyday with this unfortunate case of selfishness. Yet, I remember "how I used to be" as if it were yesterday. A year ago, when asked, "if you had 5 years to live, what would you do?", I responded with a long list of selfish ambitions. This morning while sitting outside staring into the void of fog, I envisioned a life span of five years and saw how differently I would live. I saw myself getting out more, traveling everywhere, always speaking truth and love into people's hearts. When I came back to reality, I immediately shook that notion off as if saying I had a lot longer to live than five years. Truth is, I don't know how long I have to live. The whole point of the vision was to show me that if given a known time constraint, I'd live fully for others, trying to help others find the truth. I would be fearless in my ambition to spread the gospel of Christ. So why aren't I? Maybe because I'm just as guilty as the next guy who assumes that life is going to resume tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment